iThe leaves are changing color; the air is turning chilly; it must be fall! And that means It's a great time to start decorating and organizing your kitchen for the new season that is approaching.
So, is your kitchen ready? If not, start by decluttering your pantry to give space for new ideas. Here are some simple little things you can do to spice things up this fall without having to make a considerable investment of money. These seven tips will do the magic. Join in!
1. Start By Updating Your Kitchen Accessories
This is a great way to add a little seasonal flair without making a big commitment.
Choose a Selection of earthy Stoneware for Bowls and Mugs
Don't forget about stoneware when picking out new accessories for your kitchen. It's an excellent choice for fall because many of the colors are warm and inviting. And the best part is that there are so many options to choose from.
These bowls and mugs can be vibrant, and many designs are unique. Not to mention, they're microwave and dishwasher-safe, which makes life a little bit easier.
What About Adding a Sink Grid?
Copper-plated sink grids or a new copper sink will make your kitchen look more elegant while also making cleaning easier as they are a practical way of keeping the sinks clean. And remember, copper is a neutral color that will work with any other color in your home!
2. Add Some New Artwork or Decorations to Reflect the Season
If you've had the same white walls for years, why not spruce up your kitchen with new artwork or decorations? You can go with something simple like a print of a fall landscape, or you could go all out and paint one yourself. Whatever you choose, make sure it's something that inspires you!
If you're having trouble coming up with an idea for what kind of artwork to use, try browsing through local stores for prints that look like they'd be appropriate in your home. You can also place some seasonal candles and décor that brings in the feel of harvest (dried wreaths and floral arrangements are a popular choice).
3. Swap Out Your Current Curtains for Something More Fall-Friendly
If you're looking for a change from the standard window treatments in most kitchens, consider swapping out contemporary curtains for ones that evoke fall colors such as brown or orange, or swap for something more autumnal, like plaid or checked fabric.
You can order them, or create a fun DIY project and create your own. Most curtains don't have many parts to them, so you may even find that these homemade kitchen curtains are easy to make and look great in any room. There are many easy patterns out there to add some fall flavor to your décor.
4. Go For an Urban Loft Style for your Kitchen
A trend we're seeing this season is an urban loft style for the kitchen cabinets. This look is about adding texture and dimension, so use materials like wood, metal, and concrete in your design. Wood cabinets can warm up a space and make it feel cozy. There are plenty of options out there when it comes to wood cabinets. You could choose a light or dark stain or a painted finish.
Warmer tones like oranges, yellows, and reds are perfect for fall, so try to change up your color palette and incorporate them into your kitchen design. Fall is a great time to add seasonal touches like pumpkins, leaves, and berries in table runners, and for centerpieces.
5. Get Ready to Entertain: Switch the Sink to A Farmhouse, Or Change to Copper
Fireclay Farmhouse sinks are timeless. They add a touch of rustic charm to your kitchen. Plus, they're versatile. You can use them for washing dishes and food prep.
Another option is a copper farmhouse sink. Copper's warm, inviting look will make your kitchen feel cozy and inviting this fall. Plus, it's antibacterial, so it's a great choice if you're looking for something that's both stylish and functional.
6. Spices to Add to Your Pantry
It's officially fall, so it's time to cook some delicious comfort food. And what's a better way to do that than with spices?
There are so many different spices out there, and each one has its unique flavor. It's essential to have a variety of herbs in your pantry so you can create flavorful dishes. Here are a few favorites:
- Cinnamon: This spice is perfect for fall dishes. It has a sweet, warm flavor that goes well with apple pie, pumpkin pie, and other fall favorites.
- Paprika: This spice is excellent for adding a little heat to your dishes. It has a smoky flavor that goes well with chicken, pork, and beef.
- Garlic: Garlic is a must-have spice for any kitchen. It has a strong, pungent flavor that you can use in many savory dishes.
7. Seasonal Produce to Add to Your Kitchen
The produce section is always packed with seasonal goodies this time of year. So, what should you be on the lookout for? Here are a few ideas:
- Apples: There are so many different types of apples to choose from, from tart Granny Smiths to the sweet golden Opal. They are delicious on their own, in desserts, or you can try using them in savory dishes, like an apple and pork stir-fry.
- Pears: Pears are delicious when baked with cinnamon and sugar or added to salads for a bit of sweetness.
- Butternut Squash: This is an excellent time to add butternut squash to your menu. It's perfect for hearty dishes like soups, stews and risotto.
Now that fall underway, it's the perfect time to add some flavor to your kitchen and make it attractive! With these tips, you'll achieve your perfect look without sweating out, give them a try! Contact us today for more information and your kitchen needs.